St Annes Carnival 5k and 1500m Fun Run
The annual St Annes Carnival 5k and 1500m Fun Run is rapidly approaching.
The Carnival 5k starts at 11:00am and is open to all runners over the age of 13 whilst the Carnival 1500m
Fun Run begins at 10am. Both courses take in accurately measured flat, off-road routes.
There is still time to enter online at
bookitzone.com or on the race day from 9:00am onwards (subject to race limits not being reached)
at the Lord Derby, St. Anne's Road West, FY8 1RG.
This website is currently going through a major update, rewrite and design process. If you see any errors which aren't fixed fairly quickly please let one of us know, otherwise please bear with us.
Most of the photos on this site can be clicked on to open a higher definition version. We are in the process of making the higher definition versions slightly less higher definition (they are massive files taking up lots of space), so if you see one you want the even higher definition version of ask one of us for the original.
You'll also notice that Joanna has been working her magic again and when you click on a photo it opens up in a super duper whizzy box, rather than just changes the tab. Now she's worked out how to do it we'll be working our way through them all - if you see one that doesn't work please let us know, it's probably a simple error to fix.
Joanna has also started to merge the Junior website with the main website. The old site won't be shut down until the new one is up and running.
Joanna and Greg
About Our Club
Lytham St Annes Road Runners Club is a friendly running club established in 1998.
As well as road running we participate in athletics, cross country and fell running.
Each year we organise the renowned Green Drive Five (a 5 mile road race) and the St Annes Carnival 5k & Fun Run.
Visit our race website for more information and details of how to enter.
Whatever your standard of running, come along to Lytham YMCA on a
Tuesday or Thursday night at 6:30pm
and find out how quickly your running improves.
We also have a session on Mondays for
The Junior Section
of our club train on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
You'll receive a warm welcome and will soon see how being a member of Lytham St Annes Road Runners
will lead to many enjoyable competitive and social activities.
We were recently awarded Clubmark accreditation by England Athletics.
Read more on the England Athletics website
Mid Lancs Track and Field
To all potential Mid Lancs Track & Field participants.
The track and field season is upon us and the first fixture for the Mid Lancs Track and Field league was on Saturday 11th April.
We pre registered all the athletes that are likely to compete at any of the fixtures.
However, it's never to late to join in, therefore if you wish to compete in Mid Lancs T&F please let Terry know and he will arrange registration.
Terry is registering all athletes, not just senior men. He needs your name and age, and for juniors their age as of 31st August 2015, or their DoB.
It is possibe to turn up and register on the day, but we'd rather that didn't happen due to time constraints.
Details to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you regularly take photos of our runners (or other local clubs) and are happy for everyone to see them let Greg know and he'll add a link in for you.
Greg's photos can be found on his
google drive. He regularly removes photos from old races to save filestore so if you see one of yourself and want to see others in the sequence(for gait analysis, for example?) there may be some - just ask. If you see him around a course with his camera they'll be uploaded to here, though it may take a day or two.
- 2015-07-11 St Annes Carnival St Annes Carnival Children's Park Game 10:00
- 2015-07-12 St Annes Carnival St Annes Carnival 1500m Fun Run 10:00
- 2015-07-12 St Annes Carnival St Annes Carnival 5k Road Race 11:00
- 2015-07-18 Fell Championship Warton Crag Fell Race 14:00
- 2015-07-19 Hurst Green Summer Run Time tba See Debbie Cooper for more details
- 2015-07-20 ICGP Wesham 19:30
- 2015-07-21 Committee Meeting 20:00 Open to all members to attend and ask for items to be added to the agenda
- 2015-07-22 Fell Championship Harrock Hill (3) Fell Race 19:30
- 2015-07-25 Mid Lancs Track & Field Leigh
- 2015-07-26 Glasson Dock Summer Run Time tba See Bill Lock for more details
- 2015-07-30 Monthly Handicap 18:45
- 2015-08-01 Mid Lancs Track & Field Hyndburn
- 2015-08-09 Haslam Park Summer Run Time tba See Dawn Lock for more details
- 2015-08-12 ICGP Chorley 19:30
- 2015-08-15 ICGP(Fell) and Fell Championship Darwen Gala Fell Race 13:30
- 2015-08-18 Committee Meeting 20:00 Open to all members to attend and ask for items to be added to the agenda
- 2015-08-22 Lytham Brewery Tour 19:30 See Andy Draper for more details
- 2015-08-26 Fell Championship Harrock Hill (4) Fell Race 19:30
- 2015-08-27 Monthly Handicap 18:45
- 2015-08-29 Mid Lancs Track & Field Wigan (Medal Meeting)
- 2015-09-02 ICGP Red Rose Runners 19:00
- 2015-09-06 Preston Guild Wheel Summer Run Time tba See Richard Storey for more details
- 2015-09-22 Committee Meeting 20:00 Open to all members to attend and ask for items to be added to the agenda
- 2015-09-24 Monthly Handicap 18:45
- 2015-10-18 Green Drive Five Green Drive Five 5m Road Race 11:00
- 2015-10-18 Green Drive Five Green Drive Five Junior 1m Fun Run 10:00
- 2015-10-20 Committee Meeting 20:00 Open to all members to attend and ask for items to be added to the agenda
- 2015-10-29 Monthly Handicap 18:45 Don't forget - this is also Pumpkin Carving competition night
- 2015-11-24 Committee Meeting 20:00 Open to all members to attend and ask for items to be added to the agenda
- 2015-11-26 Monthly Handicap 18:45
- 2015-12-17 Monthly Handicap 18:45 Provisionally a fortnight early due to the next two Thursdays being Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 2015-12-22 Committee Meeting 20:00 Open to all members to attend and ask for items to be added to the agenda
- 2016-06-04 Welsh Castles Fri - Sun Provisional dates for next year's Welsh Castles Relay