St Annes Carnival 5k and 1500m Fun Run
The annual St Annes Carnival 5k and 1500m Fun Run took place on Sunday 12th July, results will be available online shortly.
The Carnival 5k started at 11:00am and had 123 entrants The Carnival 1500m Fun Run began at 10am and had 127 runners.
Follow the link down the page for various race photos including the Carnival 5k race.
This website is currently going through a major update, rewrite and design process. If you see any errors which aren't fixed fairly quickly please let one of us know, otherwise please bear with us.
Most of the photos on this site can be clicked on to open a higher definition version. We are in the process of making the higher definition versions slightly less higher definition (they are massive files taking up lots of space), so if you see one you want the even higher definition version of ask one of us for the original.
You'll also notice that Joanna has been working her magic again and when you click on a photo it opens up in a super duper whizzy box, rather than just changes the tab. Now she's worked out how to do it we'll be working our way through them all - if you see one that doesn't work please let us know, it's probably a simple error to fix.
Joanna has also started to merge the Junior website with the main website. The old site won't be shut down until the new one is up and running.
Joanna and Greg
About Our Club
Lytham St Annes Road Runners Club is a friendly running club established in 1998.
As well as road running we participate in athletics, cross country and fell running.
Each year we organise the renowned Green Drive Five (a 5 mile road race) and the St Annes Carnival 5k & Fun Run.
Visit our race website for more information and details of how to enter.
Whatever your standard of running, come along to Lytham YMCA on a
Tuesday or Thursday night at 6:30pm
and find out how quickly your running improves.
We also have a session on Mondays for
The Junior Section
of our club train on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
You'll receive a warm welcome and will soon see how being a member of Lytham St Annes Road Runners
will lead to many enjoyable competitive and social activities.
We were recently awarded Clubmark accreditation by England Athletics.
Read more on the England Athletics website
Brian Porter Jumps Out Of An Aeroplane
On Friday 10th July Brian went down to Lincolnshire to commentate on an attempt to break the world record for most tandem skydives in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust. Brian isn't overly fond of heights and the only way he agreed to do it was on the assurance he would be safely strapped inside the plane. While there someone suggested he take part, his response being only if they donated £1000. Well, they scrabbled round, found £1000 and Brian had no choice, he jumped. With just a thin piece of canvas strapped to his back to keep him safe and sound. Much screaming later he landed on the ground alive and well. He originally set up a justgiving page for his 15 hours continual commentating attempt, which for those of you who know Brian, is rather a quiet day for him, but following his "did he jump or was he pushed" event he deserves even more, so if you want to help please feel free to follow this link and do so.
Mid Lancs Track and Field
To all potential Mid Lancs Track & Field participants.
The track and field season is upon us and the first fixture for the Mid Lancs Track and Field league was on Saturday 11th April.
We pre registered all the athletes that are likely to compete at any of the fixtures.
However, it's never to late to join in, therefore if you wish to compete in Mid Lancs T&F please let Terry know and he will arrange registration.
Terry is registering all athletes, not just senior men. He needs your name and age, and for juniors their age as of 31st August 2015, or their DoB.
It is possibe to turn up and register on the day, but we'd rather that didn't happen due to time constraints.
Details to email@example.com
If you regularly take photos of our runners (or other local clubs) and are happy for everyone to see them let Greg know and he'll add a link in for you.
Greg's photos can be found on his
google drive. He regularly removes photos from old races to save filestore so if you see one of yourself and want to see others in the sequence (for gait analysis, for example?) there may be some - just ask. If you see him around a course with his camera they'll be uploaded to here, though it may take a day or two.
- 2015-07-30 Monthly Handicap 18:45
- 2015-08-01 Mid Lancs Track & Field Hyndburn
- 2015-08-09 Haslam Park Summer Run, time tbc. See Dawn Lock for more details
- 2015-08-12 ICGP Chorley 19:30
- 2015-08-15 ICGP(Fell) and Fell Championship Darwen Gala Fell Race 13:30
- 2015-08-18 Committee Meeting 20:00 Open to all members to attend and ask for items to be added to the agenda
- 2015-08-22 Lytham Brewery Tour 19:30 See Andy Draper for more details
- 2015-08-26 Fell Championship Harrock Hill (4) Fell Race 19:30
- 2015-08-27 Monthly Handicap 18:45
- 2015-08-29 Mid Lancs Track & Field Blackpool (Medal Meeting) Previously scheduled for Wigan but now to be held in Blackpool
- 2015-09-02 ICGP Red Rose Runners 19:00
- 2015-09-06 Preston Guild Wheel Summer Run, time tbc. See Richard Storey for more details
- 2015-09-12 Relays North West Counties Relays To be held at Edge Hill College, Ormskirk
- 2015-09-19 Relays Northern Athletics Relays To be held at Stanley Park, Blackpool. Organised by BWFAC, LSARRC to help so volunteers needed, please
- 2015-09-22 Committee Meeting 20:00 Open to all members to attend and ask for items to be added to the agenda
- 2015-09-24 Monthly Handicap 18:45
- 2015-10-18 Green Drive Five Green Drive Five 5m Road Race 11:00
- 2015-10-18 Green Drive Five Green Drive Five Junior 1m Fun Run 10:00
- 2015-10-20 Committee Meeting 20:00 Open to all members to attend and ask for items to be added to the agenda
- 2015-10-29 Monthly Handicap 18:45 Don't forget - this is also Pumpkin Carving competition night
- 2015-11-24 Committee Meeting 20:00 Open to all members to attend and ask for items to be added to the agenda
- 2015-11-26 Monthly Handicap 18:45
- 2015-12-17 Monthly Handicap 18:45 Provisionally a fortnight early due to the next two Thursdays being Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 2015-12-22 Committee Meeting 20:00 Open to all members to attend and ask for items to be added to the agenda
- 2016-06-04 Welsh Castles Fri - Sun Provisional dates for next year's Welsh Castles Relay
Visits to site: